In the Stockbrokers.com's 2017 Online Broker Review, E*TRADE received the #1 Live Chat Support Industry Award, along with five Best in Class distinctions: overall, offering of investments, research, investor education, and mobile trading, and OptionsHouse received the #1 Web Based Platform Industry Award, along with four Best in Class distinctions: commissions & fees, mobile trading, new investors, and options trading. Both E*TRADE and OptionsHouse earned 4 out 5 star ratings overall. The 2017 Online Broker Review assessed 16 online brokers on more than 300 variables across 10 categories(1).
In NerdWallet's Best Online Brokers for Stock Trading 2017, OptionsHouse and E*TRADE were recognized as members of 2017's "Best Online Brokers"—OptionsHouse as a best overall top online broker and E*TRADE as a best online broker for investment selection. OptionsHouse was a recipient of a 5-star rating and E*TRADE was a recipient of a 4 1/2-star rating(2).
Equity Edge Online® rated #1 in Loyalty and Overall Satisfaction for five years in a row(3).
In Kiplinger's 2016 biennial survey, E*TRADE earned #1 in mobile with additional high marks in tools, ease of use, and advisory services(4).
The E*TRADE Home Page and Welcome Center received an Official Honoree distinction in the Web: Financial Services/Banking category in the 20th Annual Webby Awards(5).
The Webby Awards, presented by the International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences (IADAS), is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet. The Official Honoree distinction is awarded to the top 20% of nearly 13,000 entries that exhibited remarkable achievement in 2016.
|Research Amenities||4.9 / 5|
Education and Security
|4.8 / 5|
|Mobile||4.6 / 5|
In Barron's comprehensive 16-firm survey, E*TRADE earned 4 out of 5 stars overall, and scored high marks in Research Amenities, Customer Service, Education and Security, as well as Mobile(6).
E*TRADE received three Gold e-Monitor Awards for Investor Education, Quotes and Trading, and Mobile Capabilities in Corporate Insight’s 2015 e-Monitor Awards report.
For more than 15 years, Corporate Insight has presented Monitor Awards to recognize innovative financial services firms. Corporate Insight's Monitor teams use rigorous grading criteria to review key online tools and resources offered by more than 100 firms in 12 different financial verticals(7).
E*TRADE was recognized by Benzinga in their first-annual Fintech Awards for its Browser Trading Web app.(8)
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES BELOW
(1) In StockBrokers.com's 2017 Online Broker Review of 16 firms across more than 300 variables, E*TRADE was awarded #1 Live Chat Support Industry Award along with five Best in Class awards for Overall, Offering of Investments, Research, Investor Education, and Mobile Trading. E*TRADE's star ratings for all category rankings out of 5: Overall (4 stars), Commissions & Fees (2.5 stars), Offering of Investments (4 stars), Platforms and Tools (4 stars), Research (4.5 stars), Customer Service (4 stars), Mobile Trading (4.5 stars), Ease of Use (4.5 stars), Education (4.5 stars), Order Execution (2.5 stars), New Investors (4 stars), Options Trading (4 stars), Active Trading (4 stars) and Banking (3.5 stars). OptionsHouse was awarded #1 Web Based Platform Industry Award along with four Best in Class awards for Commissions & Fees, Mobile Trading, New Investors, and Options Trading. OptionsHouse's star ratings for all category rankings out of 5: Overall (4 stars), Commissions & Fees (4.5 stars), Offering of Investments (4 stars), Platforms and Tools (3.5 stars), Research (2 stars), Customer Service (4 stars), Mobile Trading (4.5 stars), Ease of Use (4 stars), Education (1.5 stars), Order Execution (2 stars), New Investors (4.5 stars), Options Trading (5 stars), Active Trading (4 stars), and Banking (0.5 stars). Read the 2017 Online Broker Review.
(2) In January 2017, NerdWallet recognized OptionsHouse and E*TRADE in their Best Online Brokers for Stock Trading 2017 review. OptionsHouse was recognized as a best overall top online broker and E*TRADE was recognized as a best online broker for investment selection. In addition, NerdWallet gave OptionsHouse 5 out of 5 stars in their 2017 OptionsHouse Review and E*TRADE 4.5 out of 5 stars in their 2017 E*TRADE Review.
(3) As of July 1, 2016, Group Five Stock Plan Administration Benchmark Study and Financial Reporting Benchmark Study rated Equity Edge Online® highest in Loyalty, Overall Satisfaction, Flexibility of plan reporting system, Overall satisfaction with plan reporting, and Overall satisfaction with administration platform for the fifth consecutive year (2012-2016) among all plan sponsors who use a commercial system to manage the recordkeeping of their stock plans in-house. Group Five, LLC is not affiliated with E*TRADE Financial Corporate Services, Inc. or the E*TRADE Financial family of companies.
(4) In Kiplinger's 2016 biennial broker review of seven firms across eight categories, E*TRADE was awarded #1 in mobile and three out of five stars overall. E*TRADE's star ratings for all category rankings out of 5: Overall (3 stars), Mobile (4 stars), Tools (3.5 stars), Advisory services (3.5 stars), Ease of use (3.5 stars), Research (3 stars), Costs (3 stars), and Investment choices (3 stars). Read the full 2016 "Best of Online Brokers" survey.
(5) 2016 Official Honoree for the E*TRADE Home page/Welcome Center in The 20th Annual Webby Awards in the Web: Financial Services/Banking category.
(6) E*TRADE Securities ratings for Barron's annual ranking of the Best Online Brokers, 3/19/16, based on Trading Experience and Technology (3.8 stars), Usability (4.2 stars), Mobile (4.6 stars), Range of Offerings (3.4 stars), Research Amenities (4.9 stars), Portfolio Analysis & Reports (4.0 stars), Customer Service, Education and Security (4.8 stars), and Costs (0.6 stars). E*TRADE overall received 4 out of 5 stars.
(7) E*TRADE was recognized in the 2015 Corporate Insight e-Monitor Awards. E*TRADE received three Gold E-Monitor Awards for Investor Education, Quotes and Trading, and Mobile Capabilities. The full list of 2015 e-Monitor Gold Monitor Award winners can be viewed online.
(8) 2015 Benzinga Fintech Award winner for Special Achievement - Innovative Trade Execution for its Browser Trading Web app.